Ultraviolet Light Sterilizers
Providing UV Water Filtration throughout Annapolis, Gaithersburg, Edgewater, Glenwood & More!
An ultraviolet light sterilizer is a water filtration process for your home. The system uses UV light to kill bacteria and microorganisms in your drinking water. Because there are no chemicals involved in the process, it is a safe and effective option for filtering your home’s drinking water.
Since 1979, our family-owned water filtration company has been cleaning and sterilizing the water in homes and businesses throughout Howard, Anne Arundel, Montgomery, and Baltimore County. Our team of experts can find the right solution for you!
Are you ready to make the switch over to filtered water with an ultraviolet light sterilizer? Contact Water Doctor today or keep reading to learn more about the benefits of a UV water filtering system!
How UV Water Treatment Works
As water flows through the ultraviolet light sterilizer, it is exposed to UV light from special lamps. The frequency of the UV rays that are emitted kills the bacteria by destroying the DNA of the microorganisms. This means that the microorganisms can no longer duplicate. This process is effective against viruses, e. coli, bacteria, giardia, and other harmful microorganisms, and it is also good for killing harmful microorganisms that are resistant to chlorine.
The Benefits of UV Water Treatment
There are many benefits of using an ultraviolet light sterilizer for filtering your water:
- The process is extremely effective. It kills the majority of bacteria, leaving you with clean and delicious water.
- It is a convenient filtration option. The system doesn’t require much maintenance besides annual check-ins.
- As mentioned before, ultraviolet light sterilizers are safe. This is because your water isn’t exposed to harsh chemicals while filtering out contaminants.
- The process leaves your water odorless and tasteless. The last thing you want your water filtration system to do is make your water smell or taste bad. Ultraviolet light sterilizers will not affect the taste or smell of the water.
- Because the water flows straight through, the whole process is rather quick. Unlike reverse osmosis, which is another water filtration option, ultraviolet light sterilizers don’t have a holding tank. Therefore, the overall process is faster.
- Some other systems filter out the contaminants and discard the wastewater. This system doesn’t create any wastewater because all of the water that goes through is sterilized and ready for drinking. It is environmentally-friendly because it helps to conserve water.
- The entire system is completely automatic, so you don’t have to worry about keeping track of anything.
Install an Ultraviolet Light Sterilizer in Your Maryland Home
Call Water Doctor to install an ultraviolet light sterilizer for your home’s drinking water supply. It is a great option for everyone and especially effective for homes with well water. Keep you and your family healthy and safeguarded against harmful contaminants and excess toxins with an ultraviolet light sterilizer.
We specialize in providing UV water treatment throughout Maryland, including the following areas:
- Ellicott City
- Glen Arm
- Hunt Valley
- Owings Mills
- Shady Side
- Sparks Glencoe
- West Friendship
- West River
- Anne Arundel County
- Howard County
- Baltimore County
- Frederick County
- Montgomery County
- Carroll County
- Charles County
- Calvert County
- Queen Anne's County
- Harford County