Using private wells, for the main water supply is very common among Maryland homeowners. The process of shock chlorination is important is because it protects the home by disinfecting it. Liquid bleach or chlorine is used to disinfect home water systems in wells and inhouse piping and is recommended for treating bacterial contamination in water systems.
Water Doctor offers shock chlorination as a service to Annapolis, Edgewater, and Gaithersburg, Maryland areas to better protect your home’s water supply.
For more information about our shock chlorination services, contact us online or by calling us at 877-677-9275.
When Should Shock Chlorination be Performed?
Shock chlorination should be performed if bacterial contamination or other problems occur, such as:
- A malfunctioning septic system
- Improper well location
- Absence of a well cap or improperly placed or loose well cap
- Inadequate grouting
- Cracked well casing
While it is not the solution for treating continuous bacterial contamination problems, it can be a good solution on an as-needed basis.
Our Other Water Treatment Systems & Solutions
Along with shock chlorination, we also provide a variety of services, such as:
- Water Softening Solutions – Hard water is a result of high calcium and magnesium levels, and it can make cleaning difficult for you. The good news is that Water Doctor offers a free analysis for hard water to determine the type and capacity of the water treatment system you need! With softer water, your laundry will often become cleaner and softer while retaining original color.
- Hard Water Solutions – In order to remove the calcium and magnesium minerals from your water supply, a water softener uses “resins” to attract these minerals. Periodically, the water softener uses a brine solution to clean out the water softener system (a process known as regeneration).
- Iron Water Treatment – Well water is very susceptible to iron contamination because of its close proximity to rocks underground. Water Doctor offers a free iron analysis to determine the type of solution that will work best for your water line!
- Well Chlorination – It is important for our water to be free of pathogenic microorganisms and bacteria in order to keep us safe and healthy in our homes. One easy way to ensure that your well water is safe to drink is to test yearly for bacteria and chlorinate when necessary.
- Acid Water Treatment – It is important to treat acidic water quickly because it can deteriorate all types of metal piping . We offer natural mineral acid neutralizers, which avoid the need for the homeowner to handle harsh chemicals. Chemical injection feeders are used specifically on commercial properties, and the maintenance and monitoring are performed by our licensed technicians.
- Taste & Odor Issues – Taste and odor issues can stem from a variety of problems. The professionals at Water Doctor will be able to determine the cause of your water’s taste and odor issues and effectively fix them.
- Bacteria Sterilizers – With our ultraviolet light sterilizers, microorganisms and coliform bacteria in your water can be quickly destroyed. This sterilizer has been proven safe to humans and animals, seeing as no chemicals are required.
For more information about our water treatment services, contact us today at 877-677-9275 or contact us online!
Shock Chlorination in Annapolis, Edgewater, and Gaithersburg, Maryland
Shock chlorination is an important step to maintaining healthy water for your home. Shock chlorination should be done with a licensed professional, and the Water Doctor team is filled with licensed experts. We also offer a variety of services to Maryland homeowners.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact Water Doctor online or by calling us at 877-677-9275.
- Anne Arundel County
- Howard County
- Baltimore County
- Frederick County
- Montgomery County
- Carroll County
- Charles County
- Calvert County
- Queen Anne's County
- Harford County